Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

little update

I'm so glad y'all liked the flashback post! It was fun to write, but put me in a really weird mood. I have literally not been able to get that dude out of my head since then, and I spent most of the day Googling him (he still lives in Philly, apparently) so I feel kind of guilty and weird. And now I have a pretty huge chunk of work to get through tonight because I wasted my day being a creeper. The past is stronger than any drug sometimes.

I'll be doing more flashbacks, and then I'm thinking about posting some fictional stuff on here as well. Ghostwriting is going well for me, but since I usually write things to the client's specifications, sometimes I get ideas that I can't exactly incorporate in a certain story. Plus, I would love the feedback from y'all; writing professionally is very fun but I feel like I could use all the criticism possible. And if something here goes well, it could turn into a pitch to a client for a novel. But if you don't want to read fiction, let me know. My feelings aren't going to be hurt.

10 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about creeping. Since I work connected to my laptop, there are days when I go down "distraction road." What happened to that ex-boyfriend. Or what about that friend from five years ago. And down the rabbit hole I go. Then, I feel guilty not only for wasting time but when it's a rabbit hole binge based on a dude, I feel bad for my fiancé.

    I have this one ex, who I'm in no way interested, but for some reason I tend to stalk him and his girlfriend. Specifically her, since I'm FB friends with him. I have no real reason to give two shits about this person other than simple curiosity. My brain is so lame sometimes.

    By the way, write whatever you want. I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so bad!! I was sitting across from the husband the whole day and he had no idea. :x i feel awful.

      Delete
  2. You are a talented writer and I would love to read anything you feel like writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the same thing happens to me when I write flashback posts! I dream about them and wake up trying to find them on Facebook/Instagram.definitely ashamed. and I would love to read anything you write! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i caught myself listening to that band on spotify, UGH. i want to bury my head in the sand.

      Delete
  4. You're and amazing writer, I would read anything your wrote. :) Maybe you can do both. Write fiction and on the days you have writers block but still want to post you can update us on your personal life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll probably try to stick with a blend of both, i have lots (lots, ugh) of old stories that should probably see the light of day.

      i'm working on an essay for xoJane right now, so i'll link to that when it's published as well.

      Delete
  5. I would love to read some of your fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read to read both

    ReplyDelete