Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

i fell off the face of the fucking earth..but not all is lost!

So good news and bad news.

Bad news first: Don't know that I can go back to blogging here right now, or ever. I'm writing freelance full time and it's keeping me really busy. At the end of the day, I don't always feel like staring at a computer and working on something that isn't lucrative, which sounds shitty to say, but hopefully good things will come from writing my ass off. And as for side projects, I'm really focused on my pending fiction serial, which you can read about below.

Good news: I'm starting a horror serial on my somewhat-new (and not entirely functional, I don't have a resume posted yet) professional site, which you can find here. I'm really excited about it! Since I haven't had a ton of time to actually work on writing, I've created a really extensive world and outline and characters. Don't know how many horror fans I have lurking here, but I hope that some of you will enjoy it. It's going to be part romance, part bildungsroman, with a lot of creepy shit thrown in. The first post will be up Monday, August 1st. Unlike this blog, which started as real life and then kind of changed directions as my life changed, the whole thing is plotted from start to finish so there won't be (long) gaps between posting, and it's not going to be an endless project with tons of plotholes. I'm going to try for 52 chapters, one for each week of the next year.

How have y'all been doing? I hope not too angry with me for no longer writing here. Catch up with me on Twitter or in the comments, or send me an email.

Xoxo,
L

4 comments:

  1. It's understandable, life gets busy. Thanks for the update so we don't keep hanging (: I'm actually really big on horror so I'll be checking out your new site. A lot of blogs are on hiatus/never returning though /: do you know any still active ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see an entry and know that you have another blog that you're starting. I've already "marked it as favorite" and look forward to reading. Did I understand you right? You're going to post on the new blog?

    Hope you and J are doing well and life is good; seems like it. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to push the start back to September 1st, because of some troubles (mother in law visiting, which was cool but took way more of my time than I was anticipating) and our bathroom ceiling caving in, which meant that I missed a week or so of work. I'm really excited about this project but I want to do it right, which means that unfortunately I had to push it back a few weeks.

      We are doing well! I hope the same for you!

      Delete
  3. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterAugust 15, 2016 at 8:38 AM

    Going through my saved links and see that I missed this post, probably from the week that I went dark.

    Def excited to see what comes out of your brain!

    ReplyDelete